A329 Purley Rise
Following meetings with the landowner, site visits and data collection, a feasibility study in respect of the Pangbourne-Purley proposed route has been drafted and is now with senior WBC officers for review and consideration.
Kennet and Avon towpath
There was an update about work on the towpath, which is part of NCN4:
- Garston Lock to M4 Motorway Bridge, east of Theale: There are details on the Sustrans’ website.
- Ham Bridge to Bull’s Lock, Newbury – proposed upgrade of towpath section
- Mallard Court (West Mills) to the Monkey Bridge, Newbury
- Town Bridge to Victoria Park, Newbury
Major schemes update
- A4 London Road/new Lidl, Newbury. Scheme completed June 2022
- A4 Western Avenue (Phase 1 scheme, Brummell Road to Waitrose roundabout), Newbury/Speen. Scheme completed August 2022
Extensions to Eling Way
Relates to potential extensions of the Eling Way multi-user path which currently connects Hermitage with Hampstead Norreys.
Potential extensions are southwards from Hermitage towards Newbury and/or northwards from Hampstead Norreys to Compton and ultimately Upton, following the former DN&S Railway where possible and linking in with National Cycle Network route 544 from Upton into Didcot, which also connects to Harwell Business Campus.
Discussions have been held and others are planned with interested parties.
Festival of Cycling
Newbury Road Club (NRC) is at an early stage of planning a Festival of Cycling, with events taking place in June/July 2025, around NRC’s centenary.
The next West Berkshire Cycle Forum Meeting is on 17 January 2023. If there are any matters about cycling or active travel in West Berkshire that you would like raised at the meeting contact Rob Hill. email@example.com
WBC Campaigner for RCC